Search Your Religion Query

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Religion Quotes

True religion, like our founding principles, requires that the rights of the disbeliever be equally acknowledged with those of the believer.


Religion is not something separate and apart from ordinary life. It is life -- life of every kind viewed from the standpoint of meaning and purpose: life lived in the fuller awareness of its human quality and spiritual significance.



A religious man is a person who holds God and man in one thought at one time, at all times, who suffers harm done to others, whose greatest passion is compassion, whose greatest strength is love and defiance of despair. [New York Journal-American, April 5, 1963]



The problem to be faced is: how to combine loyalty to one's own tradition with reverence for different traditions.



When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.



Friends, I agree with you in Providence; but I believe in the Providence of the most men, the largest purse, and the longest cannon. 1854



That I am not a member of any Christian Church, is true; but I have never denied the truth of the Scriptures; and I have never spoken with intentional disrespect of religion in general, or of any denomination of Christians in particular.

No comments: